How many ribbons do I need to print my job?
1. First determine the repeat of the label you are printing.
2. Next determine the number of feet you are printing.
3. Lastly determine the number of ribbon you need.
EX: 4 x 6 label - 200m - 1/8" gap - ribbons are 4.33" x 1476'
Round up to 72, the nearest case quantity, for waste factors.
How many labels will a roll of ribbon print?
1. Convert the ribbon length into inches.
2. Divide the number of inches by the repeat of the label
EX. Ribbon is 1476' printing a 4 x 6 label
Round down to approximately 2850 labels printed with a 1476' foot ribbon.
How many feet of ribbon do I need per roll?
1. Find the number of inches per roll of labels.
2. Convert calculation to feet.
EX: 4 x 6 label, 0.125" gap, 1000 labels/roll
You need approximately 510' feet of ribbon to print 1 roll of 4 x 6 labels.
DLS Corporate Headquarters: